Why "Baroque?" - 42Kmi42Kmi - International Competitive Gaming and Shop
In loving memory of Charles Okey Adibe: 11/30/1954 - 03/17/2017 | Love you forever, Dad!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Why "Baroque?"

02-23-2010, 08:57 PM
Why "Baroque?"
Have you wondered why Capcom chose "Baroque" for it's combo extension system in Tatsunoko vs Capcom? While many of us are familiar with Baroque the musical period, "baroque" is also defined as:

Quote:an adjective meaning extravagantly ornate, florid, and convoluted in character or style, or

a noun meaning extravagantly ornate, florid, and convoluted in character or style.

Both definitions, moreso the adjective definition, relate to TvsC because Baroque can lead to some especially ornate and extravagant combos.

Also, I know my friends and I used "baroque" in verb now, I guess to mean "to perform Baroque in Tatsunoko vs Capcom" or "to do something extravagantly," or in gerund form

And there you have it, "Baroque"

cool signature

02-24-2010, 07:21 PM
RE: Why "Baroque?"
(02-23-2010 08:57 PM)Torengo Wrote:  Have you wondered why Capcom chose "Baroque" for it's combo extension system in Tatsunoko vs Capcom? While many of us are familiar with Baroque the musical period, "baroque" is also defined as:

Both definitions, moreso the adjective definition, relate to TvsC because Baroque can lead to some especially ornate and extravagant combos.

Also, I know my friends and I used "baroque" in verb now, I guess to mean "to perform Baroque in Tatsunoko vs Capcom" or "to do something extravagantly," or in gerund form

And there you have it, "Baroque"
Learning!!

At ease, loser.

In the process of obtaining TvsC.
02-25-2010, 12:50 AM
RE: Why "Baroque?"
Yeah, I did always wonder why they chose that term. Sleepy

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread:AuthorReplies:Views:Last Post
  Normal vs Baroque Damage Decay Statistics Torengo 2 1,229 07-31-2010 06:50 PM
Last Post: Torengo
  Baroque, usefull, powerful or just useless Bubls 3 1,586 07-26-2010 04:04 PM